Are you a developer? Receive job offers anonymously and get a bonus if you're hired through us. Sign up here.
1) There are literally no big companies based here.
2) The startup scene is highly unsuccessful.
Read more about the Czech Startup Scene.
3) The beer is rubbish and really expensive.
4) The cities are really ugly.
5) The countryside really isn't worth visiting.
6) In fact, there’s very little to do in general!
7) It’s completely isolated, visiting interesting nearby places is totally out of the question.
8) Czech is really, really hard to learn.
Oh, no we weren’t being sarcastic with that one...
In all seriousness, the Czech Republic is great place to live and work, with a thriving startup scene and home to a number of large international companies.